Raspberry Pi Add-ons

Post Reply
User avatar
R3ABM
Администратор
Posts: 3096
Joined: 08 Jun 2012, 07:43

Raspberry Pi Add-ons

Post by R3ABM » 16 Jun 2014, 13:11

Raspberry Pi достаточно хорошо себя зарекомендовала у радиолюбителей.

В этой теме я предполагаю собирать данные по дополнительным платам для Pi.

TNC-Pi - AFSK-модем для Pi
DV3000 - плата вокодера AMBE3000
RasPi DV AVR - GMSK-модем на базе CMX589A
R3ABM / DL5ABM / ex. UB3ABM

User avatar
RA1AIE
Posts: 238
Joined: 23 Aug 2013, 00:56
Location: Frankfurt am Main
Contact:

Re: Raspberry Pi Add-ons

Post by RA1AIE » 16 Jun 2014, 14:03

А эти платы GMSK, подключающиеся к GPIO, они поддерживаются софтом от G4KLX?
Владислав.

ImageRA1AIE ImageDO1AIE
www.ra1aie.ru, qth.spb.ru

73!

User avatar
R3ABM
Администратор
Posts: 3096
Joined: 08 Jun 2012, 07:43

Re: Raspberry Pi Add-ons

Post by R3ABM » 16 Jun 2014, 14:36

RA1AIE wrote:А эти платы GMSK, подключающиеся к GPIO, они поддерживаются софтом от G4KLX?
RasPi DV AVR - да. Просто RasPi DV - нет.
R3ABM / DL5ABM / ex. UB3ABM

UA3ATQ
Posts: 341
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 22:18

Raspberry Pi Add-ons

Post by UA3ATQ » 05 Apr 2015, 01:01

Кстати, в порядке оффтопика. ;) Наткнулся тут на интересный пост про Pi в одной из групп... ;)
When i wrote that it's a graphics card with attached usb controller,
i wasn't joking. The processor on the rpi was originally designed
as a test system to verify the graphics core on real workload.
To interface it to the outside world, they decided to use USB.
For unknown reasons they decided to use an arm9 core with a bit
of glue logic as USB controller (the best guess i've heard sofar
is, that they would have had to pay for a real USB controller,
while an old arm core like that costs (almost) nothing if you
buy a big/new one anyways).

This is the reason why there are no I2C or SPI interfaces,
and everything needs to be bitbanged (aka, you write single
bits to outputs in software and poll whether anything changes
on the inputs). Or that the "USB controller" generates an
interrupt every 125us that _must_ be handled imediatly
(the arm core has to set up the next USB microframe otherwise
USB stops working).

That is also the reason why Eben Upton got it so cheaply. Apparently,
broadcom had produced quite a few of those (couple thousand, don't ask
me why). And there was no risk that anyone would buy those (for above
reasons, they were never intended to be sold). Also, the mask set
(the most expensive part of chip production) was already there and
amortized by other means, so producing more wouldn't cost much either.


User avatar
R2AJV
Posts: 394
Joined: 15 Feb 2014, 22:45
Contact:

Raspberry Pi Add-ons

Post by R2AJV » 05 Apr 2015, 13:22

А что тут интересного ?
Дешево и без чудес...
UA3ATQ wrote:Кстати, в порядке оффтопика. ;) Наткнулся тут на интересный пост про Pi в одной из групп... ;)
When i wrote that it's a graphics card with attached usb controller,
i wasn't joking. The processor on the rpi was originally designed
as a test system to verify the graphics core on real workload.
To interface it to the outside world, they decided to use USB.
For unknown reasons they decided to use an arm9 core with a bit
of glue logic as USB controller (the best guess i've heard sofar
is, that they would have had to pay for a real USB controller,
while an old arm core like that costs (almost) nothing if you
buy a big/new one anyways).

This is the reason why there are no I2C or SPI interfaces,
and everything needs to be bitbanged (aka, you write single
bits to outputs in software and poll whether anything changes
on the inputs). Or that the "USB controller" generates an
interrupt every 125us that _must_ be handled imediatly
(the arm core has to set up the next USB microframe otherwise
USB stops working).

That is also the reason why Eben Upton got it so cheaply. Apparently,
broadcom had produced quite a few of those (couple thousand, don't ask
me why). And there was no risk that anyone would buy those (for above
reasons, they were never intended to be sold). Also, the mask set
(the most expensive part of chip production) was already there and
amortized by other means, so producing more wouldn't cost much either.
С уважением, Сергей.

UA3ATQ
Posts: 341
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 22:18

Raspberry Pi Add-ons

Post by UA3ATQ » 06 Apr 2015, 20:29

R2AJV wrote:Дешево и без чудес...
Да все же скорее "с чудесами"... ;) Стало понятно почему такое убожество по периферии. Это был тестовый кристалл, сделанный по минимуму. А его от помойки спасли и сделали игрушку для школяров. ;)

User avatar
R2AJV
Posts: 394
Joined: 15 Feb 2014, 22:45
Contact:

Raspberry Pi Add-ons

Post by R2AJV » 06 Apr 2015, 22:27

UA3ATQ wrote:
R2AJV wrote:Дешево и без чудес...
Да все же скорее "с чудесами"... ;) Стало понятно почему такое убожество по периферии. Это был тестовый кристалл, сделанный по минимуму. А его от помойки спасли и сделали игрушку для школяров. ;)
В дстаре еще не пробовал, но у нас в аналогичной сети в аналоге :) , эта игрушка, как вы выразились, работает гораздо надежней "взрослой" техники :) + компактность + цена.
С уважением, Сергей.

Post Reply

Return to “Оборудование APRS”